Some unit ideas......

GeneralKong
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Some unit ideas......

Post by GeneralKong »

well guys, just came back to playing paraworld, love the new launcher and everything for CEP :D

I was just wondering, I thought I heard somewhere that completly new units cannot be added, however, if this is not the case, then I present you these concepts:

these can be concepts for, lets say, the orginal inhabitants of the valley of fire
and they can be encountered in the seas campaign as an enemy, they are called something like the Nephilim people or something

once again guys, thanks for CEP and MIRAGE, definantly improves the game in so many ways :)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Some unit ideas......

Post by AnthonyCole »

Not possible to add new models in the game :( if you find some existing body and some weapons and put them together, it should be possible though.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Welcome back Mr. Kong :)

You could change the norsemen's textures to your liking though 8)
GeneralKong
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by GeneralKong »

Thanks for the answers guys

Looks like retexturing is the only way, although I dont know a single thing about texturing (dammit), but if I did, the Norse Berserker would be a good candidate for the "Brawler" and "Hunter" units (the two guys in the first screenie), just retexture his white fur into brown, add tribal markings and some spikes, and make his hair black and he would be ready to be equipped
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Use paint.NET to edit the .dds files in paraworld/data/base/textures/
Those are the skins for all the units. Take a look at some of them and u will understand pretty fast how this works. Good luck :)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Textures can always be changed. But this will change the textures for every unit with the specific model, which means that there is no way to use the same model with different textures twice.

Return to “English”