Bugs in translated boosterpacks?

Triceratops
- Mod -

Bugs in translated boosterpacks?

Post by Triceratops »

Please tell us if you find bugs or other stuff that should be corrected
Last edited by Triceratops on Mon Mar 03, 2008 0:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
soychulo

Post by soychulo »

I just installed the boosterpack and find that when I go to skirmish the option to begin the game is not available. Both buttons on the bottom are dulled and cannot be pressed. The "back" and whatever the other button is, the one to begin. both of those are not clickable.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi, that´s because of your software firewall. Several .exe files got changed so you have to give them In/Out rights again (even in singleplayer).

Also install the new patch I am uploading (in about an hours it´s there). But that´s not the cause.

You used the boosterpack links in Locutus´ post, right?
soychulo

Post by soychulo »

Triceratops wrote:Hi, that´s because of your software firewall. Several .exe files got changed so you have to give them In/Out rights again (even in singleplayer).

Also install the new patch I am uploading (in about an hours it´s there). But that´s not the cause.

You used the boosterpack links in Locutus´ post, right?
Your right about the firewall. I managed to figure that out after posting.

Do you have a link to Locutus post? I downloaded the three .rar files in the first post of the Sticky at the top of this forum.

What will be in the patch you are downloading? I really appreciate all the hard work you all have put into this. This is such a great game it is a shame that Ubisoft hasn't started doing something with it.

Edit: I see that Locutus' post has 4 .rar files and your original post at the beginning of the thread has 3 .rar files. Which one should I have used?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Those in the first post are correct. I will add a language pack to this during the night. It's so much work, I found some more problems (only text). You will need this pack. Give me about 30 minutes. Will fix stuff and then upload them (actually two packs US and UK version.)

Which version you got? Will upload it first.
soychulo

Post by soychulo »

I've got the US version. I really like this game. A friend of mine picked up a copy for $6US at a liquidation store and we did a LAN party at his house. I promptly came and ordered a copy from Ebay.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Great! Good to hear that you like it. They should have done a lot more advertising in the US.

The last part has been uploaded. Check the download thread (then language pack US). If you have further questions or problems, just ask.

If you would like to we can play some multiplayer games next weekend. Your friend is welcome as well. We play regularly on weekdays (evening, european time) and weekends (whole day^^).

:wink:
soychulo

Post by soychulo »

There was no advertising in the US. This is really a great game. I will be sure to recommend this to all of my friends. Actually the game is so cheap on Ebay that I may buy copies to give as gifts to them.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

So, now there are Tarbosaurs instead of Allos, but the bp dinosaurs don`t have avatars :? look:

tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

Are you sure that files from "BP LP 1.2 UK " were unpack correct and overwrite files from "bp us alpha" during copy files "LP UK" into game folders ? Maybe Vista again block overwriting?
/Correct order instalation is PW, editor, alphaBP, LP/.
Because this problem suggest error during unpacking or coping files LP in game folder.

This errror should be fix by overwrite All_def.txt in
paraworld\Data\BoosterPack1\UI
You can use file from Boosterpack_UK_Language_Pack_V1.2.rar, because I check All_def.txt in LP UK and PL are identical, when from "bp us alpha"
is other(shorter)

Could you open this file before overwriting and tell what is the last line in your file?(at bottom of file)
In alpha is source horn
In LP is source avatar

And could you use window search (F3) to find All_def.txt in paraworld folder and subfolders? You should get only 2 files (with this name) in PW folder.(one in base\ui, second in boosterpack1\ui)
Do you install something(for example other patch), which could change PW files?

How about with picture of Avatar? Do you edit and check it?
Do Kleeman in map 4.2 and 4.3 in description have info about only having headshot or description like other heroes ??(i mean skill Sacrfice and info about bonuses when he level up)
Polish Translator of Boosterpack, SEASMOD/CEP and Mirage(Funmode)
http://paraworld1.fora.pl/
Forum dla polskich graczy
[img]paraworld1.fora.pl[/img]
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Installation was as u said.

The last line is

source rocket_ramp_control_pad 4 0 427 64 61 0 0
source horn 4 64 427 64 61 0

I overwrote now the files(last line is Avatar), somehow it seems I missed it :? I saw the sacrifice desc in mission 4.3, avatar will be tested in a seperate map which I´m creating atm. Vista always blocks things but it asks me for permission and I say 'yes to all', who knows what he`s doing then :lol: the problem is, Vista has higher security demands, so files in the folder 'Program Files' aren`t editable directly, I have to copy the files to desktop and replace them after changing. You can imagine that it gets really annoying after a time :roll:

PS do you know how to do triggering?
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

Good that everything is work.
I install game in other folder than program files in all version of windows and I see that in Vista I will be do this necessarily. :D
I don't know how make trigger, but I suggest look at maps from campagain, they should be good material to learn trigger.
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

Do you have pics of new dino??
I think that to have pics you must have 3 files
1 paraworld\Data\BoosterPack1\UI\hud\cards\cards_boosterpack01.tga
2 paraworld\Data\BoosterPack1\UI\All_def.txt (correct version which you have)
3 paraworld\Data\BoosterPack1\locale\pl\Texts\Help\H_special_location.seml
(with correct line \{img /bunit:avatar -ralign} )

And better test if works by making new map or play in 4.2 with cheat godmode to meet Avatar

I edited map by put Avatar on map, I have pic. But Avatar can't attack(even command to attack)! He don't have value 200 and 3 as Avatar from your game. Very strange, because Avatar from 4.2 can attack.
Do I something wrong with Avatar? I select put new object and player 0 and select hu_avatar from list. Do you like that?
I test also with new dinos and they have values.

Telling about 4.2 Is Black rune exist on map 4.2, if yes, how get black rune?? (To open gate to valley with artifacts. I saw screenshot, that somebody was there)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Cheat godmode doesn`t do anything at mine :( :? what should happen?

I have all three files, but somehow there`s no pic of avagtar in cards_boosterpack01.tga:

You have to watch out! Avatar has to be at Level 5 to have values. Place him, set him to player 0 or any other player ant level him up to Level 5 at task 'Character', so that you get displayed 20000 HP at MaxHP and NormalHP.

There`s no black rune according to my experience, only red yellow and blue. The way to artifact tree is:

You have to go the northeastest way you can see after you killed the pirate looters` outpost (where the SEAS help you). Then you see some gates with runes and artifacts (but - unpleasently - undeads, too). Follow that way until you see a big gate only openable by three runes. If you open it you can go to artifact tree.
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

You must select units and then select godmode.
Godmode don't work on all units like in other games. When you get new units then you must select new units and click to godmode.

cards_boosterpack01.tga
Again old version. In LP UK is correct version.
Avatar don't have small pic to Army Control, pic will be only in window with values.

About Avatar, thanks Scrat.
I waste about one hour to find out why my avatar don't have value. I don't know if will to try to change Level.

I found black rune.
I kill Spinosaurus and black rune appear (on land in small "bay") south from nest of Barionyks, which live behind first Gate(where you get movie Kleeman talking about gates and rune)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I can`t test it because Í´ll only be back at home in summer. Until that I have Vista and cheatsa don´t work here :roll: don´t ask why ^^

OK, I´ll overwrite cards.boosterpack01 and test it.
EDIT: It´s working :D

And what to do with a black rune? :? it´s not even displayed in the task at the top, is it?
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

Good that work :D
Maybe Black Rune is other key to open gate to "Artifact tree"? If really gate can also be open with 3 runes.
Yes, Black rune is not displayed at top. Maybe it is Easter Eggs? Because 4 animals looks like animals from "Ice Age"
Screenshots are here.
http://forum.para-welt.de/viewtopic.php?p=19096#19096
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Yes, Manny, Diego, Sid and Scrat (^^) are keeping the artifacts beyond the tree :)

There is a picture in BP which confused me pretty much. It looks like a sign for a special action which I couldn´t find in the game anywhere else. Its this pic:

The one with the orange face. Whose is that? :?
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

I think(but i'm not sure) that was for Infantry rage ( Leighton on level 5 ), but Triceratops tell me that this upgrade work when Infantry is very wounded(near dead) so player don't have do buy this upgrade.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Ah. Cool. It might be useful 8) and another bug :( :?

In the Mapeditor I don´t get displayed new dinosaurs to select:

I changed every file in uk lp for leveled, what is the problem?
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

Are you sure that you run mapeditor with boosterpack? (I think you run, but better ask.)
Load map from boosterpack 4.1 or 4.2 or 4.3 and look how nest with new dino are done. Maybe something is changed?
There is option that info about nests is in other folder than "leveled"( I think about folder Data\Boosterpack1\Scripts\Server\, but I don't have sure)
Maybe nests of new dino are under boosterpack1 in list of object in mapeditor? (In other place than normal nests.)

Ps.
Maybe reinstall all game to other folder than program files to avoid problem with no overwrited files?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

My line in the symbol (Desktop) is

"C:\Program Files\Sunflowers\ParaWorld\bin\PWClient.exe" -enable boosterpack1 -leveled

I´ll take a look at the maps...

Reinstalling all this? No way :o I can´t get through all these weird things again Image
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

I have
PWClient.exe -leveled -enable boosterpack1

But if you have line boosterpack1 in bottom of list of object (in mapeditor), then your shorcut is also good.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I have it but I´ll try it your way... I have no idea why I can´t select the new dinos in the nests..

EDIT: No change -.-
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

Which terrain you used? ( ashvalley, icewaste etc. ?)
I test nest of big carnivores on my game and I have only one new large_carnivores per on one type terrain for example
in jungle new dino to select in nest is tarbosaurus
in northland is giganotosaurus

Ps. How make ground on map in mapeditor(like your screenshot)? I have water and I can't make new ground. Which button to click?

Return to “English”