I messed up

EmperorGricer

I messed up

Post by EmperorGricer »

Well, I'm of to a great start when it comes to installing community made stuff. So, basically, I was just installing the Community Map Pack, except instead of being logical and intelligent by digging into the Paraworld folder, then installing it in the Maps folder, I just placed it in the Paraworld folder. As in, the one that contains every other folder related to the game. So, when I started the game, I noticed nothing changed. I went back, realizing my mistake and started by moving only one map to the appropriate folder. Started the game, and it worked. Then came what I believe is the mistake. I selected every file in the Paraworld folder besides the text ones and moved them, first to Data, then to Base, then to Maps, then to Multiplayer. I started the game again, or at least, I tried. Instead of starting normally, an error popped up saying
Scanning for data files revealed no valid location.
The game will now perform a broader scan and show you the result.
Depending on system speed, this may take upto a minute.
Please see your personal config file at
C:/Documents and settings/*my username on the computer*.*my username again, this time in caps*ONE/Application Data/SpieleEntwicklungsKombinat/Paraworld/Settings.cfg.section Pest/Global/UrsRelPath.
(I did not manage to find this file, BTW)

Anyway, so then I pressed OK, after which this error popped up:
Unable to locate data directory

The standard layout for the game directories looks like this:

Root/
bin/
<executables>
Data/
ursel_data.txt
Base/
Locale/

Please check your installation.
So then the first thing I tried was to put everything I just put in the map folder back in the Paraworld folder before starting the game again. But that fixed nothing. Still the same messages. So then the last thing I could think of was to uninstall the game, and then reinstall it. Unfortunately, when I clicked in the uninstall button, another error came. This time it said
Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll

The specified module could not be found.
So. Is there anything I can do, or should I just give up and try on a different computer?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: I messed up

Post by MrMorgana »

EmperorGricer wrote: So. Is there anything I can do, or should I just give up and try on a different computer?
do you have teamviewer?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

reinstall and don't change default locations again ^^
EmperorGricer

Post by EmperorGricer »

MrMorgana wrote:
EmperorGricer wrote: So. Is there anything I can do, or should I just give up and try on a different computer?
do you have teamviewer?
What's teamviewer? Either way, I've never seen or heard of it before, so I probably don't have it unless someone snuck it on my PC.

AnthonyCole wrote:reinstall and don't change default locations again ^^
That's the problem. I can't uninstall it, so I can't reinstall it either.
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

EmperorGricer wrote:
AnthonyCole wrote:reinstall and don't change default locations again ^^
That's the problem. I can't uninstall it, so I can't reinstall it either.
Use revo uninstaller it can search for files and registry keys from installs even if the uninstaller is corrupted

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
EmperorGricer

Post by EmperorGricer »

Alright, I'll try that, thanks.
EmperorGricer

Post by EmperorGricer »

So, I installed Revo Uninstaller (Heh. How ironic), but when I open it, Paraworld isn't listed amongst my other games and programs. In fact, even when I searched specifically for it, it didn't show up.

So, anything else I could try, or am I just gonna have to install Paraworld on a different computer?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

EmperorGricer wrote:So, anything else I could try, or am I just gonna have to install Paraworld on a different computer?
please, download and install teamviewer, and let me check your pw installation

Return to “English”